Re: college videotapes

Jim Scholtz (jscholtz@sdln.net)
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 10:01:39 -0800 (PST)

Hi Tami, Sorry to reply to you on this issue over the listserv but I
thought other people contemplating a response to your query might desire
clarification as well. I'm not sure what type of advise you need regarding
your videotaped lecture. Do you desire actual "how-to-do-it" technical
advise - 1 camera, 2 cameras, head-shot/panning, etc or do you want
information on how to write release contracts for faculty so your
insititution can use the video forever, or do you want information on how a
tape like this might be made available to the admissions dept. on reserve?
Thanks for the response. Jim Scholtz.

At 04:48 PM 2/24/00 -0800, you wrote:
>Has anyone had any experience in taping a college videotape such as an
admissions tape for prospective students? Actually, what has been handed
to me on my plate is the filming of a lecture/demonstration about sexual
harassment which will be used to give to faculty and staff at the college,
so it will be a little less of a "production" than an admissions tape but I
am curious about that as well. As far as the sexual harassment lecture
goes, I would like to do it as easily as possible without it looking like a
total piece of crap (pardon my french). Look forward to hearing
experiences and suggestions. Thanks.