Re: Pricing Amazing Grace

Jim Scholtz (jscholtz@sdln.net)
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 09:51:22 -0800 (PST)

Hi Videolibbers, Just to let you know what's happening with Children's
Circle - after Weston Woods was purchased by Scholastic, they dropped the
CC Studios line (essentially, that line included ALL of the single title WW
children's titles but they were grouped together in 3-4 titles and priced
at $14.95 for the home video only market. As you know, all WW titles
(although they are only 3-12 min. ave. length) have PP rights but were
priced much higher - $149 to $249. However, now most of the titles are
$49.95 to $89.00 with PP rights. Scholtastic/WW has a number of the CC
Studio titles left and is selling them off - also, jobbers such as B&T,
Ingram and Follett may have some titles in stock. Midwest Tape might also
be a good source for these OP items. Recently, (at my library) we were
mailed a WW flyer with several old and NEW video story anthologies listed
for $19.95 ea. I'm not sure if this was an attempt to sell the remaining
CC titles or not, since they do not appear in the 2000 WW catalog. Hope
this information helps. Jim Scholtz.