Re: Safety of DVDs in Public Library Stacks

Karen Creenan (kcreenan@owasco.co.tompkins.ny.us)
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 12:27:49 -0800 (PST)

I also heard from a 3M representative about the DVD "ring". However he
indicated that they would not function with older security gates. You
might check with your representative about the age of your system if
you plan to try this on your DVDs.

At 08:15 AM 02/24/2000 -0800, you wrote:
>Yo VidLib Lifers--
>We're thinking of beginning to add the DVD format to our large circulating
>video collection. The problem is that our public library
>has no room to store dummies--dummies being the common solution for
>displaying material that cannot be tattle-taped.
>Another option is to display the items in those big, difficult-to-remove,
>patron-and-staff-unfriendly, clear plastic safety cases.
>Are there alternatives to these? Love to hear yer ideas.
>Kellie Flynn
>Cook Memorial PL
>Libertyville IL
>Kflynn@cooklib.org