Re: Dadaism Video Title

Wed, 16 Feb 2000 10:43:55 -0800 (PST)

I'll be your prof is thinking about Robert Hughes' Shock of the New
Series...to wit:

The Powers that be / BBC-TV and Time-Life Films. New York :
Ambrose Video Publishing, 1988.

Series: Shock of the new ; 2.

Notes: Originally released in 1980.
Alternate title: The shapes of dissent (The powers that be).
Credits: Writer and narrator, Robert Hughes.
Examines the art of the post-World War I period, including Dada
and German expressionism and discusses how art reflected the
intellectual and political mood of the period.

At 08:33 AM 02/16/2000 -0800, you wrote:
>Appreciate any information on a video about Dadaism. Faculty member feels
>it was made in the early 80's with footage from World War 1. It is not the
>video, "Germany-Dada: an alphabet of German Dadaism", a 1986 release from
>Kartes Video Communications from the series, Museum without walls

>Sr. Gilmary Speirs, I.H.M.
>Collection Management Librarian for Non-Print
>Marywood University
>2300 Adams Avenue
>Scranton, PA 18509-1598
>E-mail: speirs@ac.marywood.edu