RE: "Selling Murder..."

Ann Fuller (fulleran@pirates.Armstrong.EDU)
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 09:57:09 -0800 (PST)

I was searching for a US distributor for this video a couple of years
ago
and never came up with anything. I did however find another video that
you may
be interested in. Here's the info:

In the shadow of the Reich: Nazi medicine [videorecording] / a film by
John J. Michalczyk.
Author: Michalczyk, John J., 1941-
Published: New York, N.Y. : First-Run Features, 1997.
This documentary studies the step-by-step process
that led the medical profession in the Third Reich
down an unethical road to genocide. It graphically
documents the racial theories and eugenics principles
that set the stage for the doctors' participation
in sterilization and euthanasia, the selections at
the death camps, as well as inhuman and unethical
human experimentation. It provides the historical
basis for many current dilemmas in bio-ethical work."

Ann Fuller

"M. Dew" wrote:

> Do any of y'all know of an American distributor for the following?
> Thanks in advance.
> -Margaret d.
> SMU-CMIT
> Dallas,TX
>
> TITLE: Selling murder
> the killing films of the Third Reich
> PLACE: [London, Eng.] :
> PUBLISHER: Domino Films,
> YEAR: 1991
> PUB TYPE: Audiovisual
> FORMAT: 1 videocassette (VHS)(54 min.) : sd., col.
> with b&w sequences ; 1/2 in.
> SERIES: Without walls
> NOTES: In English. Includes clips from German
> films with English subtitles.
> Cameramen, Georg Pahl, Wiebke Lorenzen, Ivor Richardson ;
> editor, Richard Macqueen.
> Sean Barrett.
> A look at one way in which Nazi Germany worked to eliminate

> the weak and purify the Aryan race by killing or
sterilizing
> mentally and physically disabled people. Shows propaganda
> films intended to justify and gain public support for their

> actions by reason of cost, natural selection laws and
mercy.
> Interviews present both sides of the story.
> SUBJECT:
> Nazi propaganda.
> Motion pictures in propaganda -- Germany -- History --
> 1933-1945.
> Germany -- History -- 1933-1945.
> Handicapped -- Government policy -- Germany -- History --
1933-