Re: Nickelodeon + Return of the Secaucus seven

Wed, 9 Feb 2000 16:30:44 -0800 (PST)

Gytha: I checked both Nickelodeon and Return of the Secaucsus 7 in a few
places: OCLC WorldCat, Facets, and amazon.com. Nickelodeon doesn't seem
to have been released on video. It was made in 1976 and isn't listed in
any of the three sources on video. Return of the Secaucsus 7 was released
on video, at least twice, in 1982 and 1985. It's listed in the Facets
rental catalog, but not their sale catalog. It's not available through
amazon.com.

I can't say definitively that Nickelodeon was never released on video, but
it certainly is no longer in print. Neither is Return of the Secaucus 7,
although you may have luck finding an interlibrary loan copy in another
library in New Zealand or you might find an out-of-print copy for sale.
Good luck... -- Kris

On Wed, 9 Feb 2000, Gytha Wyatt wrote:

> Hi there videolibbers,
>
> help! I still haven't had any replies to the following queries. Negative
> replies will be gratefully received. The academics will then believe me!
>
> Many thanks
> Gytha Wyatt
>
> I am also having trouble emailing the group, and I don't think you have
> received the following queries. Please forgive me, if this is a repeat email.
> Thanking you all,
> Gytha
>
> I am having great difficulty locating suppliers for these videos.
>
> Nickelodeon (Bogdanoviche, 1976)
>
> Return of the Secaucus / directed by John Sayles. 1980
>
> I have searched the databases of all the large video suppliers, without any
> luck. The academics assure me they are available! The academic requesting
> Nickelodeon wants a PAL version, but I am sure if I could locate a NTSC
> copy he wouldn't mind.
>
> If there is anyone that can assist me, please send the supplier/s fax no.
> or email address. I am located in New Zealand in the South Pacific,
> therefore 0800 numbers, etc. are not suitable, wrong time zones.
>
> Thanking you in advance.
>
> Gytha
> Gytha Wyatt
> Bibliographic Services Phone: +64 06 356 9099
> Massey University Library Fax: +64 (0)6 350 5605
> Private Bag 11-054 Email: G.A.Wyatt@massey.ac.nz
> Palmerston North
> New Zealand

Kristine R. Brancolini, Media and Film Studies
Main Library E170, 1320 E. Tenth Street
Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47405
Phone: 812.855.3710 | Fax: 812.855.1649 | Email: brancoli@indiana.edu