Re: Video Collection Development Policies

Jim Scholtz (jscholtz@sdln.net)
Fri, 4 Feb 2000 13:45:34 -0800 (PST)

Hi Ted, there are some great video selection/collection development
policies (for university libraries as well as publics) in several sources:

Video Policies and Procedures for Libraries (ABC-Clio, 1996) - James C.
Scholtz

Gary Handman's book (which we are working on an update currently) Greenwood
Press) Video Collection Development in Multitype Libraries (consult my
chapter on collection development - it uses several CD source documents
such as one from Nothern Illinois University that you might find applicable
- also it contains lots of discussion on why statements are added rather
than just providing a nondescript template.

Also ARCL has several kits which contain sample of CD policies - Kristine
Brancolini could provide you with more information on that - or contact
ACRL directly through ALA (800) 545-2433. Hope this information helps.

Jim Scholtz.