Re: Video Collection Development Policies

Fri, 4 Feb 2000 10:50:12 -0800 (PST)

The best group of video collection development policies that I have seen
is in the SPEC kit that Rick Provine and I compiled in the early 1990's.
It contains a variety of video policies, including about 15 collection
development policies. Your library probably owns a copy:

Video and Multimedia Collections in ARL Libraries. SPEC Kit 199, December
1993. Washington, D.C.: Office of Management Studies, Association of
Research Libraries. Documents compiled and SPEC flyer by Kristine
Brancolini and Rick E. Provine.

The Indiana University policy is on the Web:
<http://www.indiana.edu/~libreser/media/media-col-dev-policy.html>

-- Kris

On Fri, 4 Feb 2000, Rosalind Tedford wrote:

> Please excuse me if this has been discussed recently on the list. I'm
> new.
>
> I am trying to find examples of collection development policies for
> video collections in libraries or other institutions. We are beginning
> the process of writing ours, but I always like to have examples to go by
> if possible.
>
> If you have one you could share with me, please respond to me offlist
> and I will summarize for the list if there is interest.
> tedforrl@wfu.edu.
>
> Thanks in advance for any assistance you could give!
>
> Roz Tedford
>
> --
> _______________________________
> Rosalind Tedford
> Information Technology Center Manager
> Wake Forest University
> Phone: 336-758-5910
> FAX: 336-758-8831
> tedforrl@wfu.edu
> http://www.wfu.edu/~tedforrl

Kristine R. Brancolini, Media and Film Studies
Main Library W101A, 1320 E. Tenth Street
Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47405
Phone: 812.855.3710 | Fax: 812.855.1649 | Email: brancoli@indiana.edu