Re: Barcode placement on videos

Brigid Duffy (bduffy@sfsu.edu)
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 07:57:59 -0800 (PST)

If the label got deep into the machine, this sounds like the barcode was
on the door of the cassette (the side that goes into the machine first).
And that's why no labels of any kind should be stuck on that side of the
cassette. VCRs really will try to eat anything.

We've also had instances of the face label on the top of the cassette
peeling and jamming the tape in the machine, but that's not nearly as
destructive as a label getting into gears or around the tape drum.

Brigid Duffy
Audio Visual/ITV Center
San Francisco State University
San Francisco CA 94132-4200