Re: Director's Cut question

Jessica (jesskino@redconnect.net)
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 10:35:28 -0800 (PST)

Most videos ARE rated, traditionaly they carry the same rating as the
theatrical film release or direct to video titles are rated just for video.
However many small art companies including Kino
DO NOT submit their films for ratings. Also films are often either cut on
video to get a better rating particularly for Blockbuster ( hence special
editions of films like THE KILLER) or sexy footage is ADDED to make the film
"unrated" and more desirable for some. Overall there is increasing pressure
to rate all films which is another step towards limiting their availability
to many places

Jessica