Re: Director's Cut question

Jessica (jesskino@redconnect.net)
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 07:24:53 -0800 (PST)

Director's cut generally refers to the fact that directors may have not
approved or been unhappy with the initial cut of their film and later re-
edit it to what they say they intended. It tends to be a much overused term.
Often director's cuts are released on video it just depends in the title.
Director's cut can also refer to the ORIGINAL cut of a film which is later
cut by a studio after it's first release such as Heaven's Gate or The
private life of sherlock holmes. In many cases the term does refer to a
better more original cut of the film but it is getting abused these days

Jessica