Re: Video subject search

Jim Scholtz (jscholtz@sdln.net)
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 09:29:48 -0800 (PST)

Hi Lori, The title of the program was American Enterprise, it was
distributed by Karol Video but actually produced by Philips Petroleum.
Karol Video didn't sell the program but made a master copy available to
libraries/schools requesting it for duplication at your site. It came with
a booklet. I believe it was 2 volumes but my memory may be wrong. Contact
them at (800) 884-0555; P.O. Box 7600, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773-7600. It was
a great program/series and weren't polyester suits wonderful?

At 08:45 AM 1/21/00 -0800, you wrote:
>Dear all knowing ones,
>
>Awhile ago we had a video that was made from a 16mm called "Land ( and
something or other)" it was part of a series made in the 70s (maybe early
80s, Shatner was wearing first generation polyester) called "America ( and
something else)" and was hosted by William Shatner. The land volume dealt
with how America was able to prosper economically because of the wise use
of natural resources. I was doing some house cleaning and could not find a
master in the archives so I tossed it and now I have a teacher who
desperately wants it.

>I have searched Bullfrog, FHS, Teachers Video, and several public library
catalogs for titles on similar subjects and am coming up empty handed.

>I don't necessarily need that specific title, just one that shows how
development of natural resources can contribute to a nation's economy.

>I realize this is a shot in the dark.... but what the heck, more amazing
things have happened on this listserv....