Re: Desert Island List

Judy Jones (jonesjm@libraryserver.lib.csus.edu)
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 09:12:34 -0800 (PST)

1. Entire BBC collection of Shakespeare plays. Ambrose Video
$99 each

2. Annenberg/CPB series, my suggestions:

Western Tradition, 2 parts, 52 half hour programs on 13
cassettes $398

Connect with English, 48 episodes, $199

Destinos, parts I and II, 26 half hour programs on 13 cassetttes
(each part) $389 each part

The Africans. 9 one hour programs on 5 cassettes. $169

The Constitution: That Delicate Balance. 13 one hour programs
on 7 cassettes. $199

Art of the Western World. 9 programs on 4 cassettes $99

Cycles of life: exploring biology, 26 programs on 26 cassettes,
$1,195

Earth Revealed, 26 half hour programs on 7 cassettes, $199

Algebra: in simplest terms, 26 half hour programs on 7
cassettes, $199

Against all odds: inside statistics, 26 half hour programs on 7
cassettes. $199

NOVA all obtainable

Frontline all obtainable

National Geographics all obtainable

Seasons of life or any of the good series on aging.

Class Divided or Eye of the Storm

Ethnic Notions, California Newsreel

Most Bill Moyers stuff

Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 08:49:45 -0800 (PST) Reply-to:
videolib@library.berkeley.edu From: Gary Handman
<ghandman@library.berkeley.edu> To: Multiple recipients of
list <videolib@library.berkeley.edu> Subject: Desert Island
List

I know I put up a March deadline for contributions to the Great Video
Core List In the Sky, but...hey...I've only received 3 or four lists so
far. Where's all that enthusiasm and thunder that was rolling re this
topic a few months back.

Again: if I can't get at least 10 or 15 contributors and 150-200 titles,
I don't think it's gonna be worth thinking about publishing this list in
the forthcoming Video Collection Development book.

I'm appending below my original call for contributors: