Re: Favorite Bookmarks for Video Librarians

Wed, 12 Jan 2000 13:17:51 -0800 (PST)

------=_NextPart_000_001A_01BF5CFE.AD376300

I just wanted to thank everyone, so far, for all of the wonderful =
bookmark suggestions. I hope to get the list together in the near future =
and will share it with the listserv. Thanks!

Randy Pitman
Publisher/Editor
Video Librarian
8705 Honeycomb Ct. NW
Seabeck, WA 98380
Tel: (800) 692-2270
vidlib@videolibrarian.com

----- Original Message -----=20
From: Jan Derks=20
To: Multiple recipients of list=20
Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2000 11:33 AM
Subject: Re: Favorite Bookmarks for Video Librarians

I use most of the addresses already listed. Additionally, I bookmark =
vendor websites as I come across them. I use these sites to create =
shopping carts of titles that I plan to purchase. Definitely faster than =
using catalogs - IF the website is well-done! We're not yet =
electonically ordering so this is the next best and fastest way to =
create order lists. I separate my bookmarks into separate categories: =
REVIEWS (I include local review sources which our patrons often refer =
to), VENDORS (little-used, frequently-used and hard-to-find vendors), =
QUOTES, AWARDS and subject sites (such as art, travel, sports, etc.).=20
Jan Derks=20
Arapahoe Library District=20
Littleton, CO=20
Randy Pitman wrote:=20

Dear All, We are working on updating our website (including adding =
over 3,000 back reviews) and I'm trying to put together a "Resources" =
page. It occured to me that the list members are probably the most =
knowedgable people in the world when it comes to best online resources =
for video librarians. So, I'm asking for your favorite bookmarks, those =
sites you use most frequently for video-related work. You could answer =
me directly, but I suspect the list as a whole would benefit from a =
grouping of best sites for video librarians. Thanks, Randy Pitman=20
Publisher/Editor=20
Video Librarian=20
8705 Honeycomb Ct. NW=20
Seabeck, WA 98380=20
Tel: (800) 692-2270=20
vidlib@videolibrarian.com

------=_NextPart_000_001A_01BF5CFE.AD376300

I just wanted to thank everyone, so far, for all of = the=20 wonderful bookmark suggestions. I hope to get the list together in the = near=20 future and will share it with the listserv. Thanks!

Randy Pitman
Publisher/Editor
Video = Librarian
8705=20 Honeycomb Ct. NW