RE: 16mm film projectors

Judy Jones (jonesjm@libraryserver.lib.csus.edu)
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 10:17:05 -0800 (PST)

Thanks a lot for the tips Steve. I am not the one changing the
bulbs, my fingers don't fit. Only those with the most slim of
fingers can get in that tiny opening to twist the bulb into the
right position. I will remind them of not touching bulb.

Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 09:27:53 -0800 (PST)
<contact@newsreel.org> To: Multiple recipients of list
<videolib@library.berkeley.edu> Subject: RE: 16mm film
projectors

This is probably AV 101 but I thought I'd post a reminder in case 16mm has
become so arcane it's forgotten. The sound bulb on a 16mm projector (be it
Eiki, Elmo or Bell & Howell) should last a good long time if a couple of
maintenance points are attended to:
1. The bulb should never be touched by the naked hand. Skin oils will cause
it to expire quickly. It should be placed in using a cloth glove.
2. The sound lamp is usually on a seperate switch and if the projector
remains plugged in, that switch should be turned off after use. Often AV
technicians don't notice the little glow coming from the projector slot.

Hope this helps.

Steve Guy
California Newsreel
149 Ninth Street