Re: 16mm film projectors

stephen O'Riordan (soriordan@ucsd.edu)
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 09:15:42 -0800 (PST)

--=====================_5602930==_.ALT

Tami-Jo,

As opposed to the comment below, we have had great luck w/ Eiki projectors.
The
library owns 6 including two new ones we purchased last year. We show a
lot of
16mm on campus & in the library. The projectors, at least for us, have been
workhorses.

Stephen

At 08:40 AM 1/12/00 -0800, you wrote:
>We have purchased 16mm film projectors in the past 10 years.
>They are expensive and unreliable I think. I believe they are
>Eiki. We go through a sound bulb with practically every use.
>The rewind belts go out routinely. That's why I am working on a
>three-year project to get rid of 16mm film - it drives me crazy.
> Anyway, can your technicians cannibalize parts from one
>projector to another as we have or has that already occurred?
>
>Date:
> Wed, 12 Jan 2000 07:43:02 -0800 (PST) Reply-to:
>videolib@library.berkeley.edu From: "Tami-Jo Eckley"
><eckleyt@mville.edu> To: Multiple recipients of list
><videolib@library.berkeley.edu> Subject: 16mm film projectors
>
>We currently have old bell & howell projectors and we would like to
upgrade at
least one of these for the occasional showing of 16mm films. Has anyone
purchased any recently (for us here at Manhatta
>--
>Tami-Jo Eckley
>Electronic Services & Media Librarian
>Manhattanville College Library
>Purchase, New York 10577
>http://www.mville.edu/library
>
>--

Stephen O'Riordan
Film & Video Library
University of Calif. San Diego
9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla Ca 92023-0175Q
phone: (619) 534-7981
fax: (619) 534-0189
e-mail: soriordan@ucsd.edu
http://orpheus.ucsd.edu/fvl/FVLPAGE.HTM