Re: Video search

Nell Chenault (nchenaul@saturn.vcu.edu)
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 11:50:33 -0800 (PST)

The JVC dance series do not have this dance.
I reviewed "Dance on Camera" videography. There are two vendors who have
speciality Hawaiian dance series.
Kalama Productions
76 N. King St. #202
Honolulu, HU 96817-5157
(808) 536-5050

Charmaine
862 Pangola Drive
North Ft. Myers, FL 33903

One of our Dance Dept. faculty specializes in Hawaiian dance. If you still
need help next week, I can check with her for you!

At 10:23 AM 01/06/2000 -0800, you wrote:
>Angie, A few years ago, there was a big video project called the
>International Folk Music/Dance anthology - a multi-volume set. I saw it
>advertised in both Booklist and Library Journal and I'm sure it was
>reviewed in the Video Rating Guide but I have not checked any sources to
>see if the title was correct or not. Someone like Kristine Brancolini
>would know for sure. I'll just bet that if there's video information
>available on that subject it would be in that anthology. As I recall it
>was quite pricy... hope this information gives you a clue where to look.
>Jim Scholtz.
>
> At 09:28 AM 1/6/00 -0800, you wrote:
>>Our patron is looking for a video on Hawaiian folk dance called
>>"tininkling."
>>The dance was originated in Philippines and it has something to do with
>>bamboo. Any clue? Thanks Angie

Nell J. Chenault nchenaul@saturn.vcu.edu
Cabell Media Resource Services
University Library Services
Virginia Commonwealth University
Richmond, VA 23284-2033 (804) 828-1088 FAX: 828-7473