RE: Video search

Rick Provine (rep3s@virginia.edu)
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 10:52:30 -0800 (PST)

JVC put out two titles that might be of use. Records below....

Title:
The JVC/Smithsonian Folkways video
anthology of music and
dance of the Americas [videorecording].
Publication info:
[S.l.] : JVC, Victor Company of Japan ;
Montpelier, VT :
Distributed by Multicultural Media, c1995.
6 videocassettes (332 min.) : sd., col. ;
1/2 in. + 6 guides (6 v. ;
19 cm.)
Note:
Videocassette release of a 1995 production.
many of the folk music
traditions in North, Central and South
America, and the
Caribbean Islands. At the beginning of each
piece is a
description of type of music, the title of
the piece, and the names
of the performers. Each piece is numbered
on the screen for
cross-referencing tot he guide, which
includes descriptions and
lyrics.