[Fwd: [Fwd: DVDs]]

Jan Derks (jderks@ald.lib.co.us)
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 08:29:49 -0800 (PST)

--------------AC706CDC7D7F82DDBC9F27E2

Anyone have more info on DVDs being single- or double-sided and the
impact of placing labels or writing on them will have? Anthing else we
should consider as we start purchasing and processing DVDs?

Jan Derks, AV Collections Librarian
Arapahoe Library District, Littleton, CO

--------------AC706CDC7D7F82DDBC9F27E2

Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 15:45:55 -0700
From: "Mary Dexter" <mdexter@ald.lib.co.us>
To: Jan Derks <jderks@ald.lib.co.us>
Subject: [Fwd: DVDs]

--------------4DF6487162BF3B621E148DB5

Jan, I e-mailed that guy who had the info about DVDs playing from both
sides. He suggested you post it to the listserv to be sure. Here's his
reply ~ Mary
--------------4DF6487162BF3B621E148DB5

Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 16:07:18 -0600
To: "Mary Dexter" <mdexter@ald.lib.co.us>
From: Jim Scholtz <jscholtz@sdln.net>
Subject: Re: DVDs

Hi Mary, Actually, I'm a novie when it comes to DVD stuff but I'm
learning!! Most DVDs play from both sides (Gary H and Kris B. may be able
to help you out more). Any type of writing on the play side may refract
light from the physical pits (the actual signal decoding process) so we
don't write on them or put anytype of labels on them. I suggest emailing
your query to the video listserv just so you get the right information -
don't depend on me. Are you coming to ALA Midwinter in beautiful San
Antonio? If so, I hope to see you there then maybe you can help me with
some problems. Bye. Jim Scholtz.