Re: A Video Core List (aka The Desert Island List)

Nell Chenault (nchenaul@saturn.vcu.edu)
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 07:39:28 -0800 (PST)

I agree. The vendors have great taste!

Should we include performance videos in this list? Straight, no chaser,
Shout out loud?

200 is not very many title to encompass great adult and juvenile nonfeature
titles. So many greats to chose from!

At 03:09 PM 01/04/2000 -0800, you wrote:
>Now come on guys...
>
>I guess I can amend my previous decree by allowing the participation of
>video suppliers, but only if they nominate titles not sold by their
>company...hehehe
>
>I think we want to avoid any possibility of conflicts of interests in
>developing this list.
>
>Gary
>
>PS: you know I love you guys, Dennis...
>

>At 02:10 PM 01/04/2000 -0800, you wrote:
>>
>>In a message dated 1/4/00 3:44:45 PM, ghandman@library.berkeley.edu writes:
>>
>><< Thanks for bringing this up, Ben.
>>
>>As much as I esteem input from suppliers and producers of video, I think
>>I'm gonna limit participation in this project to librarians, educators, and
>>others not in the business.
>>
>>Gary >>
>>
>>Gary,
>>
>>You make "business" sound like such a dirty word! :)
>>
>>Dennis
>>Milestone, Milestone and Milestone (Sorry, Mr. Milestone's on vacation...
>No,
>>Mr. Milestone's out to lunch... Speaking)
>>

>Gary Handman
>Director
>Media Resources Center
>Moffitt Library
>UC Berkeley 94720-6000
>http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/MRC
>
>"Everything wants to become television" (James Ulmer -- Teletheory)

Nell J. Chenault nchenaul@saturn.vcu.edu
Cabell Media Resource Services
University Library Services
Virginia Commonwealth University
Richmond, VA 23284-2033 (804) 828-1088 FAX: 828-7473