How to Book a Flight for Yourself through Connexxus
If you need to book a flight for another UCB employee, please click here.
Learn about FindIt (the new Connexxus Independent Travel Option)!
- Complete the Library Travel Pre-approval Request Form prior to your trip. If you want to directly bill your airfare to the Library, check the appropriate box on the form.
- Once completed and submitted, your form will be routed in the system to receive all necessary approvals.
- You will receive an e-mail from LBS containing a Direct Bill ID. You will need to provide your Direct Bill ID when you directly bill your airfare through Connexxus.
- Book your flight through Connexxus. If you have not set up your Connexxus profile, see the instructions here. To access a list of Connexxus agency service fees, click "Why Connexxus" on the navigation bar across the top of the Connexxus website. Click "Partner Programs," and under "BCD travel" you will find a link to this list of service fees.
- In most cases, you should book your flight through Connexxus using the BCD portal.
Visit the Business Resource Center and you will find the BCD Quick Reference Guide at the top of the right-hand column. Please note that anything entered in the "Comments for the Travel Agent" field in BCD Travel online will incur a higher transaction fee.
- For complex flights, call a UC Travel Center (UCTC) agent at 1-800-235-UCLA (8252). Dedicated travel agents are available Monday - Friday 8am-Noon, 1pm-5pm PT. After Hours and Emergency Assistance: same number as above (fee charged); please note a higher transaction fee will apply. State fares are no longer available through the Travel Center.
- If the destination is serviced by Southwest Airlines, then compare the cost-savings on airfares between SWABIZ and the BCD travel portal. Some discounted web fares on SWABIZ are not available through BCD. However, flights booked through SWABIZ cannot be direct billed to the Library. If the cost-savings on SWABIZ outweigh the benefits of direct billing through BCD, book your flight through SWABIZ with your personal credit card.
- Retain the receipt.
- Within 30 days of completion of the trip, record the actual expenses on the Travel Expense Report, upload all required receipts, and submit the report to LBS. This is required even if no additional reimbursements are requested.
Please note the following:
- A Direct Bill ID for a particular trip cannot be reused for another trip.
- Registration for travel insurance is automatic when flight is booked through BCD Travel or UCTC.
To help you understand this process and which booking option to choose, carefully go through this flowchart and this comparison table. If you have questions, contact Richard Tran at email@example.com or 2-0207.
Connexxus has announced a new option for booking flights called "FindIt." This option allows travelers to use independent travel-booking sites while still receiving UC rates and benefits.
The full job aid on how to use FindIt can be found here.
- FindIt, in its initial phase, can only be used to book domestic travel.
- Direct Bill is not available for the FindIt booking method; only credit card payments are accepted.
- Library procedures for travel approval and reimbursement apply.