Home | UC Berkeley Library Web | UC Berkeley

Getting Books or Articles from Non-UCB Libraries

Here's how to get the books, articles, etc., that are neither online nor at a UCB library.

(Most links will open in a new browser window.)

Expedited Article Request Form:
SPH faculty, academic staff, graduate students only may request urgently needed articles from UCSF or certain libraries at UCD.

Using Request:
Use this option to request books from libraries on other UC campuses or beyond. Use the Request this from another library... link in UC-eLinks to request a journal article, book, etc. not available at UCB when using an article database or Melvyl.
  » My ILL Requests: Log in to see your ILL requests. My ILL Help

Requesting from NRLF:
NRLF (Northern Regional Library Facility) is the storage facility for the Northern California UCs: Berkeley, San Francisco, Davis, Santa Cruz, and Merced, as well as for the California State Library. You may request books or articles from NRLF regardless of which UC "owns" the item.
Click the Request an article from NRLF (photocopy or web delivery) link (for articles) or the Request button (for books) in OskiCat to initiate an NRLF request.

Research Library Cooperative Program (RLCP):
Faculty, academic/professional staff, and graduate students can get books and articles from Stanford. If what you want is at Stanford, you may use RLCP to request the materials.

Interlibrary Borrowing Service (IBS):
IBS will obtain books, articles, etc., which are not available at UC Berkeley libraries. IBS utilizes many major library networks to acquire materials from libraries throughout the United States and the world. Using Request (see above) is the best way to initiate IBS.

Fee-based document delivery for UCB faculty, staff, graduate students, and UCOP staff with current UCB library cards; Baker account required. Baker will deliver items directly to your department/campus address.

Home UC Berkeley Library Web UC Berkeley Contact Us