Executive Committee Minutes 6/26/02
LAUC-B Executive Committee Meeting
June 26, 2002
1:15 - 3:00 pm
303 Doe Library
Present: B. Anton (chair), S. Koskinen, C. Lee (recorder), J. McKenzie, B. Quigley, N. Robinson
Absent: J. Galwey, B. Ogden, M. Cochran, M. Phillips, M. Snow
- The Environmental Design Library will be closed July 10-31 to prepare for their move back to Wurster Hall. The grand reopening will be August 1.
- The LAUC Statewide turnover meeting takes place August 16.
A. Treasurer's Report (J. McKenzie)
- The LAUC-B treasury has a balance of $59,963.00. Most ALA/SLA travel reimbursements have not yet taken place.
B. Meeting with the University Librarian (B. Anton)
- There was no meeting
C. Senate Library Committee report
- No report.
D. Candidate lunches (N. Robinson)
- Candidate lunches continue to be numerous and successful.
III. Continuing Action Items
A. Bylaws review (B. Anton)
- The Bylaws subcommittee (M. Snow, chair) is continuing its work. The group submitted the proposed Bylaws changes to the LAUC Statewide Committee on Committees, Rules and Jurisdiction. The proposed changes were rewritten in accordance with the Statewide Committee's suggestions, and have been re-submitted. When the Statewide Committee has commented, the proposals will be submitted to the LAUC-B Executive Committee. Aspecial election will be held so the changes may be approved in time to take effect in Fall 2003. The date of the special election will be determined by the LAUC-B Chair and the Chair of the Nominations and Elections Committee.
B. Emeritus Librarian (B. Anton)
- Several other UC campuses do have the Emeritus librarian title, but the procedures and privileges vary. B. Anton looked into the privileges given to all retirees and is looking into the question of e-mail privileges.
IV. New Topics
A. AUL for Collections recruitment (B. Anton)
- B. Anton is the LAUC-B representative to this committee. The position closes July 1. All LAUC-B members are encouraged to send names of worthy candidates to Allan Urbanic, the search committee chair.
B. Mentorship program (S. Koskinen)
- The LAUC-B Mentorship program has been very active this year, matching up a number of new librarians to experienced UCB librarians.
The next LAUC-B Executive Committee meeting will be July 10, 2002, at 1:00 - 3:00 pm in 303 Doe Library.