Committee on Diversity - Staff Mentorship Program
The purpose of the Staff Mentorship Program at the UC Berkeley Libraries is to match staff interested in the library profession to experienced librarians and/or professional library staff who will provide useful advice for success in the field and job prospects.
The UC Berkeley Mentorship Program is an invitation to library professionals of all levels to develop their individual potential and self-awareness in order to achieve professional success and feel empowered in the field of librarianship.
The mentorship program offers mentees:
- guidance and support in ones career development
- an opportunity to observe the activities of the mentor within their job role
- investigate and develop career goals
- direction and advice on participating in activities that further ones career path, e.g. committees to become involved with, volunteering in an activity that furthers career development.
- advice and feedback on resume development
The mentorship program offers mentors an opportunity to:
- pass on ones expertise and experience
- shape and contribute to the future of the profession
- gain new perspectives and ideas
These topics are merely guidelines. Mentors and mentees may address any relevant topic in whatever context or (forum) of their choice.
The inherent value of the UC Berkeley Staff Mentorship Program is that it encourages staff members to use one another as resources for learning. The success of this program will be a collaborative effort between mentors and mentees. The mentors and mentees will be expected to meet a minimum of 2-3 times a semester for one academic year.
Please send or e-mail completed applications to:
Library Staff Mentorship Program
120 Doe Library