Library Proxy Server
Setup Instructions for
Netscape Navigator 2 or 3
print this page
Follow these steps to configure your browser to use the Library Proxy Server.
This setup will remain in effect until you cancel it.
- Your web browser must be set to accept all cookies. If you'd prefer not to do that,
consider using the Virtual Private Network (VPN) system rather than the proxy server.
- Pull down the Options menu and select Network Preferences.
- Click on the Proxies tab.
- Click on Automatic proxy configuration.
- Type or paste in the Configuration Location (URL):
Be sure to include "http://", and do not insert any empty spaces
before or after the URL.
- Click Reload and OK,
or if the Reload button is "grayed out", just click OK.
To protect your privacy
When using the proxy server on a shared computer, quit the web browser when your session is finished.
To turn off this setting
Follow steps 1 and 2 above.
In step 3, click on No proxies.
Return to browser list