Library Proxy Server
Setup Instructions for
Mozilla or SeaMonkey in Mac OSX
print this page
Follow these steps to configure your browser to use the Library Proxy Server.
This setup will remain in effect until you cancel it.
- Your web browser must be set to accept all cookies. If you'd prefer not to do that,
consider using the Virtual Private Network (VPN) system rather than the proxy server.
- Pull down the Mozilla or SeaMonkey menu and select Preferences.
- Click on the triangle to the left of the Advanced option.
- In the list that opens, click Proxies.
- Click on Automatic proxy configuration.
- Type or paste in the Automatic proxy configuration URL:
Be sure to include "http://", and do not insert any empty spaces
before or after the URL.
- Click Reload and OK,
or if the Reload button is "grayed out", just click OK.
To protect your privacy
When using the proxy server on a shared computer, quit the web browser when your session is finished.
To turn off this setting
Follow steps 1-3 above.
In step 4, click on Direct connection to the Internet.
Return to browser list