Library Proxy Server
Setup Instructions for
Internet Explorer 8
print this page
Follow these steps to configure your browser to use the Library Proxy Server.
This setup will remain in effect until you cancel it.
- Only the Windows versions of Internet Explorer will work with the proxy server.
For Macintosh users, we recommend Firefox, Chrome, or Safari.
- Your web browser must be set to accept all cookies. If you'd prefer not to do that,
consider using the Virtual Private Network (VPN) system rather than the proxy server.
- Pull down the Tools menu and select Internet Options.
- Click on the Connections tab.
- Under "Local Area Network (LAN)", click on LAN Settings.
Exception: Dial-up users, click on the Settings button under
"Dial-up and Virtual Private Network," then proceed as outlined below.
- Check the box next to: Use automatic configuration script.
Ignore the "Use a proxy server for your LAN" checkbox.
- Type or paste in the Address:
Be sure to include "http://", and do not insert any empty spaces
before or after the URL.
- Click OK to save your settings.
- Click OK to close the Internet Options window.
To protect your privacy
When using the proxy server on a shared computer, quit the web browser when your session is finished.
To turn off this setting
Follow steps 1-3 above.
In step 4, click to uncheck the Use automatic configuration script box.
Click OK to save your settings.
Click OK again to close the Internet Options window.
Return to browser list