Library Proxy Server
Setup Instructions for
Internet Explorer 4
print this page
Follow these steps to configure your browser to use the Library Proxy Server.
This setup will remain in effect until you cancel it.
- Only the Windows versions of Internet Explorer will work with the proxy server.
For Macintosh users, we recommend Firefox.
- Use Windows Service Pack 1 (SP1) or higher; SP2 recommended.
- Your web browser must be set to accept all cookies. If you'd prefer not to do that,
consider using the Virtual Private Network (VPN) system rather than the proxy server.
- Pull down the View menu and select Internet Options.
- Click on the Connection tab.
- Under "Automatic configuration", click on Configure.
- Type or paste in the URL:
Be sure to include "http://", and do not insert any empty spaces
before or after the URL.
- Click on Refresh to update your settings.
- Click OK to close the Automatic Configuration window.
- Click OK to close the Options window.
To protect your privacy
When using the proxy server on a shared computer, quit the web browser when your session is finished.
To turn off this setting
Follow steps 1-3 above.
In step 4, delete the URL from the box.
Click on Refresh to update your settings.
Click OK to close the Automatic Configuration window.
Click OK to close the Options window.
Return to browser list