Library Proxy Server
Setup Instructions for
Firefox 3 and later in Mac OSX
print this page
Follow these steps to configure your browser to use the Library Proxy Server.
This setup will remain in effect until you cancel it.
- Your web browser must be set to accept all cookies. If you'd prefer not to do that,
consider using the Virtual Private Network (VPN) system rather than the proxy server.
- These instructions are based on Mac OS 10.6.8 ("Snow Leopard") and 10.7.1 ("Lion").
- Pull down the Firefox menu and select Preferences.
- Click on the Advanced icon.
- Click on the Network tab.
- Under "Connection", click Settings.
- In the
"Configure Proxies to Access the Internet" window, click on Automatic proxy
- Type or paste in the Automatic proxy configuration URL:
Be sure to include "http://", and do not insert any empty spaces
before or after the URL.
- Click Reload and OK to save your changes,
or if the Reload button is "grayed out", just click OK.
- Close the dialog box.
To protect your privacy
When using the proxy server on a shared computer, quit the web browser when your session is finished.
To turn off this setting
Follow steps 1-4 above.
In step 5, click on No proxy.
Click OK, then close the dialog box.
Return to browser list