Library Proxy Server
Setup Instructions for
Firefox 2 in Mac OSX
print this page
Follow these steps to configure your browser to use the Library Proxy Server.
This setup will remain in effect until you cancel it.
- Your web browser must be set to accept all cookies. If you'd prefer not to do that,
consider using the Virtual Private Network (VPN) system rather than the proxy server.
- Pull down the Firefox menu and select Preferences.
- Click on the Advanced icon.
- Click on the Network tab.
- Under "Connection", click Settings.
- In the
"Configure Proxies to Access the Internet" window, click on Automatic proxy
- Type or paste in the Automatic proxy configuration URL:
Be sure to include "http://", and do not insert any empty spaces
before or after the URL.
- Click Reload and OK to save your changes,
or if the Reload button is "grayed out", just click OK.
- Close the dialog box.
To protect your privacy
When using the proxy server on a shared computer, quit the web browser when your session is finished.
To turn off this setting
Follow steps 1-4 above.
In step 5, click on Direct Connection to the Internet.
Click OK, then close the dialog box.
Return to browser list