RefWorks Tips for Engineering Databases:
Importing from PubMed
Save and Import
- Change the Send to option to File. Change Format option to MEDLINE. Select Create File.
- Save the records to your Desktop as a text file (e.g., pubmed.txt)
- Choose References > Import from the menu across the top of the page
- Select the NLM PubMed filter from the Import Filter/Data Source menu
- Select the PubMed option from the Database menu
- Select the Folder into which the references will be imported (the default is Last Imported)
- Click on the Browse button and select the text file from your Desktop
- Click on the Import button at the bottom of the form
- Click on the View Last Imported Folder button to see your imported citations
You can download the Write-N-Cite application (for Windows or Mac) to make it easier to cite references and create bibliographies within papers. Use the One Line/Cite View option if you do not meet the compatibility requirements for Write-N-Cite.