(includes Biostatistics, Environmental Health Sciences, Epidemiology, Health Services and Policy Analysis, and Infectious Diseases and Immunity)
Scope of Collection
The Public Health Library collects at the graduate and undergraduate research level in almost every aspect of public health. Topics include those listed above as well as bioethics, exposure assessment, distributive justice in health care, genetics, program planning and evaluation, social and cultural issues in health, and substance abuse.
Previously topics included dental hygiene, public health nursing, and tropical medicine.
Primary Languages and Formats
Primarily English print. Some materials in other languages predominantly Spanish with some German, French, and Russian. Purchased materials are primarily in English.
- Alcohol Research Group Library (alcohol and substance abuse)
- Anthropology (social and cultural issues in health)
- Biosciences and Natural Resources (infectious diseases, nutrition, toxicology)
- Business and Economics (health administration, economics, and policy)
- Chemistry (risk assessment, toxicology)
- Doe (demography; international, federal, and state government information and statistics; occupational health; health public policy)
- Education/Psychology (health education, school health, mental health. substance abuse)
- Engineering (ergonomics, industrial hygiene)
- Environmental Design (city/community planning, healthy cities)
- Institute of Transportation Studies (air quality, traffic safety)
- Law (health regulation/legislation)
- Labor and Occupational Health Program Library (occupational health)
- Mathematics Statistics (biostatistics, statistics)
- Social Welfare (maternal and child welfare, domestic violence, gerontology, mental health. substance abuse)
For information about research tools, library guides, and related pages, see Public Health Library.