East Asia - Electronic Collection
Contact: Susan Xue
Scope of Collection
Electronic resources in Chinese, Japanese, and Korean languages at research level for all areas of humanities and social sciences. Emphasis is on identifying and acquiring research and primary materials in formats of academic journals, books, dissertations, and reference tools for history, religions, political science, economics, legal studies, and other humanities and social sciences.
- Academic journals for Chinese and Korean Studies in humanities and social sciences
- Statistics for Chinese Studies
- Newspapers for Chinese, Japanese and Korean studies
- Politics, economics, social conditions, current events for CJK studies
Contemporary Chinese Studies:
- Politics, economics, history, military, international relations, political figures.
- Visual materials including documentary and fictions movies.
- History and Literary Collection (wen shi zi liao)
- New local gazetteers
- Communist Party materials
- Chinese documentary and fictional movies
Primary Languages and Formats
Chinese, Japanese and Korean in consultation with relevant selectors. Online databases, CD/DVDs, movies and other audio/visual materials, cartographic materials, serials and some manuscripts.
For information about research tools, library guides, and related pages, see the East Asian Library.