Contact: Lillian Castillo-Speed
Scope of Collection
This collection is selected to serve the Chicano Studies Program and Ethnic Studies Department in particular. It includes general, overall, interdisciplinary support of Chicano Studies. Since the late 1980s there has also been an emphasis on Latino Studies, including the Puerto Rican, Cuban American, and Central American immigrant experiences.
Strength is in its extensive, wide-ranging and early newspapers and other serials, as well as archival posters, art slides, and manuscript collections.
- Chicano Studies Serials on Microfilm (serials date back as far as the mid-1800s).
- Richard and Gloria Santillán Collection
- Hank Tavera Collection
- Armando B. Rendón Collection
- César A. González Collection and
- Antonio Hernández Collection.
Primary Languages and Formats
English and Spanish; all formats.
For information about research tools, library guides, and related pages, see the Ethnic Studies Library.