Buy a Book
Want to view online or purchase a personal copy of an out of print book? Through our partnerships with the Internet Archive and Google, the UC Libraries have digitized hundreds of thousands of public domain books from our collections. Many of these books are now available for purchase in reprinted editions, or to download for free. Visit the reprint site.
The UCB Library owns over 10 million volumes. When a title is unavailable or a book purchase is what is needed rather than borrowing a title, this page can help to direct library users to a bookseller. Links are provided for those booksellers who sell online; Berkeley-based stores are listed with their street address.
- Analog Books
- Barnes and Noble
- Berkeley Art Museum Store, 2626 Bancroft Way, 510-642-1475
- Book Passage
- Books, Inc., 1760 Fourth Street, 510-525-7777
- Builders Booksource, 1817 Fourth Street, 800-843-2028
- Cal Student Store (efollett.com), 2470 Bancroft
- Half Price Books, 2036 Shattuck Avenue, 510-526-6080
- Mary Ward Books
- Moe's Books, 2476 Telegraph Avenue, 510-849-2087
- Pegasus and Pendragon bookstores, 2349 Shattuck Avenue, 510-649-1320
- University Press Books, 2430 Bancroft Way, 510-548-0585