Renewing Your Books
Library cardholders may renew their own items through OskiCat, the catalog of the UC Berkeley Libraries. All items may be renewed except:
- Reserve materials
- Items on which you owe fines
- Items which have reached their renewal limits
- Recalled items
How to renew:
- Go to http://oskicat.berkeley.edu.
- Click the My OskiCat link (top right corner of screen), or the Renew Items tab. You will be prompted to log in.
- Log in using your CalNet user name and passphrase, or your Calnet ID number and library PIN. (What's my PIN?)
- You will see a list of all items you have checked out at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the items you wish to renew by checking the boxes in the RENEW column, then clicking the Renew Selected button. If you wish to renew all your items at once, click the Renew All button.
- If your items are renewed successfully, a new due date will appear in the STATUS column. If you cannot renew items, an error message will appear on the screen. Always check the STATUS column for information on the success or failure of your renewal.
- Renewal limits:
- Materials on one-year loan: 3 renewals
- Materials with other loan periods: 11 renewals
Other Ways to Renew
You may also renew your materials in person at the Bioscience and Natural Resources Library Circulation Desk, or by phone at (510) 642-2531.
When to renew
Items may be renewed no sooner after checkout than:
- 7 days for 1-month loans
- 14 days for 2-month and 3-month loans
- 75 days for 6-month and 1-year loans
Items with a loan period less than 1 month may be renewed anytime after the initial check out.
Overdue and Billing Notices
The Library sends courtesy overdue reminders by email to help you keep track of when your materials are due. If you need to add or change the email we have on file for you (UCB patrons only), use CalNet Identity Management or ask at any Library circulation desk.
Your Library PIN
Your Library PIN is set by default to the month and day of your birth, in 4-digit format (June 7 = 0607). You can change your PIN by logging into My OskiCat and selecting the "Modify Your PIN" button.
Copyright © 2014 The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved. Comment Form. Last update: