Borrowing from Other Libraries (Interlibrary Loan)
UC Berkeley faculty, staff, and students may request items from other libraries. Material that is already owned at Berkeley is not eligible for this free service, also called Interlibrary Loan.
- In the UC-eLinks menu, choose Request this from another library
- In Melvyl, use the Request button found in the record for a title:
- For items not found in Melvyl, use the Request Form on the Interlibrary Loan website
- In person:
- Go to the Bioscience Library reference desk (2101 VLSB) or the Interlibrary Loan office (133 Doe Library).
Interlibrary Loan is not available for patrons not affiliated with UC Berkeley. Please contact your local public or academic library to request materials.
Expedited Article Requests
- Expedited article service is available only for faculty, staff, and graduate students in the Departments of Integrative Biology
and Molecular and Cell Biology and the College of Natural Resources.
- Expedited article service is available only for journal articles not available at UCB, and only for urgent needs (upcoming publishing
- Fill out the Expedited Article Request
Form or contact a librarian at the Bioscience Library Reference Desk.
- Requested documents will be available at the Bioscience Library Circulation
Desk in 1-3 days on average.
Copyright © 2013 The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved. Comment Form. Last update: