HIST 2: Foodways: A Global History
Finding Books: Searching for Cookbooks and Food in History
OskiCat is the UC Berkeley Library web catalog.
- Subject headings:
- Cooking, American
- Mexican American cooking
- Food -- History
- Food habits -- History
- Holl gastronomy (for materials in the Holl Gastronomy Collection)
OskiCat Quick Guide (PDF)
Most UCB libraries
- Renew your books online
- Find course reserves
- Request checked out or offsite items
- Restrict your search to a specific library, online items, or available items only.
Most UCB libraries and many libraries worldwide, plus citations to selected articles
- Search libraries worldwide
- Request items UCB doesn't own
- Create and save lists and add tags to items
- Automatically format citations
Links to Google Books, Open Library, and other electronic book resources categorized by subject.
- Search the full text of relevant materials
- Full text may be available online
Suggested Print Resources
- Food culture in Great Britain / Laura Mason. Westport, Conn. : Greenwood Press, 2004.
- Bioscience & Natural Resources Cookery TX717 .M387 2004
- Food in history / Reay Tannahill. New York : Stein and Day, .
- Bioscience & Natural Resources TX353 .T6
Also held at Anthropology and Moffitt libraries.
- Book of household management / Beeton, Mrs. (Isabella Mary), 1836-1865. Various editions.
- The Cambridge world history of food, v. 1-2 / Kenneth F. Kiple, Kriemhild Coneè Ornelas, editors. New York : Cambridge University Press, 2000.
- Bioscience & Natural Resources Reserves TX353 .C255 2000.
Search article databases to find articles from journals and magazines, papers presented at conferences, and other sources.
To access full text, use the button. (What's this?)
Connecting from off-campus: proxy server setup instructions.
|Food History Article Databases
Academic Search Complete
Multidisciplinary source for scholarly journal and popular magazine articles; indexes and abstracts articles from more than 10,900 English, Spanish, German, French, Italian and Portuguese sources. Full text is available for over 5300 journals.
Indexes over 2,000 journals, as well as historical book reviews and dissertations, published worldwide about all aspects of world history from 1450 to the present. Articles covered were written from 1954 to the present.
Managing Your References and Evaluating Your Sources
Copyright © 2014 The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved. Comment Form. Last update: