Grants Databases and Information Sources
- Community of Science Funding Opportunities
- Search for research funding opportunities from international funding sources, private foundations, public agencies, local and national government sources such as the NSF, NIH, and USDA. It contains more than 25,000 records representing over $33 billion in funding. (Current records from COS Funding Opportunities are available in )
- NSF Funding Opportunity Search
- Search for all funding opportunities provided by the National Science Foundation. NSF funds research and education in science and engineering. It accounts for about one-fourth of federal support to academic institutions for basic research. NSF provides specific program funding in Biological Sciences, Environmental Research & Education, Computer & Information Science & Engineering, Geosciences, and Cross-cutting & NSF-wide active funding opportunities. (NSF Upcoming Due Dates are available in )
- NSF Award Abstracts Database Search
- Search for NSF award abstracts that describe the research and names of principal investigators and their institutions. The database includes both completed and in-process research.
- NIH RePORTER
- RePORTER (Research Portfolio Online Reporting Tools Expenditures and Results) is an electronic tool that allows users to search a repository of NIH-funded research projects and access publications and patents resulting from NIH funding.
- NIH Grants and Funding Opportunities
- A comprehensive guide to the National Institutes of Health (NIH) grants and funding opportunities from NIH Office of Extramural research. Extramural grants account for approximately 84 percent of NIH's $29 billion budget. (Weekly Funding Opportunities and Policy Notices from NIH are available in )
- NIH Research Portfolio Online Reporting Tool (RePORT)
A portal site to the reports, data and analyses of NIH research and development activities.
Grant Writing Guides:
- Finding funding : grantwriting from start to finish, including project management and Internet use
- by Ernest W. Brewer, Charles M. Achilles. (UCB Book available in Ed/Psych LB2342.4.U6 B74, 2008)
- Proposals that work : a guide for planning dissertations and grant proposals
- by Lawrence F. Locke, Waneen Wyrick Spirduso, Stephen J. Silverman (UCB Book available in Bus&Econ, Opto, EnvDesign, S.Welfare, Q180.55.P7 L63, 2007)
- Guide to Effective Grant Writing
- How to Write an Effective NIH Grant Application published by Springer (UCB Book available online, 2005)
- Getting science grants : effective strategies for funding success
- by Thomas R. Blackburn (UCB Book available in Bioscience Library Q180.55.G7 B53, 2003)
- Writing successful science proposals
- by Andrew J. Friedland and Carol L. Folt (UCB Book available in Bioscience Library Q180.55.P7 F75, 2000)
- A Guide for Proposal Writing
- by National Science Foundation (2004)
- Grant writer's Reference
- by University of Washington Research Guide
Other Funding Resources:
- AHRQ Grants On-Line Database
- A searchable database of grants funded by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ).
- Career Development and Funding Resources
- from the Virtual Library of Biochemistry and Cell Biology.
- USDA documentation and reporting system for ongoing and recently completed research and education projects in agriculture, food and nutrition, and forestry.
- EPA Grant Awards Database
- A summary record for all non-construction EPA grants awarded in the last 10 years.
- Federal Register
- Publishes daily announcements of legislative & regulatory activities of federal agencies & also announces funding opportunities for many federal agencies. (Federal Agency Directory from LSU)
- A source for federal government grants.
- Grantmakers on the Internet
- Directory of private & corporate grantmakers' Web sites by the Foundation Center
- A Grants portal site by the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) for scientists in training in the biological and medical sciences. First-time users must register before they can search the database. (Top science research and funding opportunities from the current month's Funding News is availabe in ).
- HHS grants & funding
- Funding resources and information from the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services.
- IRIS Funding Opportunities Database
- Illinois Researcher Information Service (IRIS) contains over 9,000 active federal and private funding opportunities in the sciences, social sciences, arts, and humanities, sponsored by University of Illinois Library at Urbana-Champaign.
- Program Guide to Federally Funded Environment & Natural Resources R&D
- from National Science and Technology Council, Committee on Environment and Natural Resources
- USDA Funding Opportunities
- Search for National Research Initiative Competitive Grants Program from USDA
Copyright © 2013 The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved. Comment Form. Last update: