Bio 1B Tutorial Modules
Finding Information in the Life Sciences
- Don't attempt the questions in the online course before viewing the tutorial modules.
- At the end of each module, enter your name and select
your GSI and section to get credit for the module.
- The completion of all parts of the tutorial is worth three points towards your library assignment grade.
- Consult the Bio 1B Library Guide to review material from the tutorial needed to complete the assignment.
- Important: Use only Firefox, Internet Explorer or Chrome as your browser, and if necessary change your preferences to accept cookies from www.lib.berkeley.edu.
- This tutorial has no audio. The controls in the lower left corner of the tutorial window will play, pause, or rewind the tutorial.
- Please complete the modules in order.
- Modules can be completed at different times, but if you close a module in the middle you'll need to start that module over again from the beginning.
- If you receive an error message or have technical difficulties with the tutorial, contact Elliott Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your e-mail, please include:
- your name
- your GSIs name and section number
- your browser (Firefox, IE, etc.) and operating system (Mac, Windows, etc.)
- whether you were working from home or on campus
- the number on the error message
- which module was affected.
- If you're working from an off-campus computer, set up the proxy server or VPN in order to complete Module 2 (this will also allow you to complete
most of your library assignment from home). Setup instructions for proxy server and VPN
- If you're working from an off-campus computer and get an error message, STOP. Resume viewing the tutorial modules from an on-campus computer.
- Click on the Module 1 button to begin.
We're here to help! Please contact the Bioscience Library reference staff if you need assistance with the tutorial or assignment. You can visit us at the reference desk, contact us via email or phone (see information at left), or refer to the BIO 1B Library Guide. The Bioscience Library is located on the west side of the second floor of the Valley Life Sciences Building, right behind the big T. Rex.