About Library Catalogs
Books, Journals, Course Reserves, Online Renewals and More
- OskiCat (UCB-only catalog)
- OskiCat is the new library catalog for nearly all libraries on the UC Berkeley campus. It contains
records for books, journals, and other materials owned by the UC Berkeley Libraries, and offers many services not available through Melvyl or the NextGeneration Melvyl Pilot. OskiCat's unique features allow you to:
- Find course reserves quickly & easily
- Limit searches to specific UCB libraries
- Limit searches to online or available items
- Find out the latest issue received for journals and magazines
- Quickly see what items you have checked out
- Easily renew items online
- Request materials checked out to another borrower
- Get email notices when your items are about to be due
- Get updates on items you have requested from storage
OskiCat Quick Guide (html) (pdf) | What's included in OskiCat?
- Melvyl (UC campuses and libraries worldwide)
- Melvyl is the library catalog for all campuses of the UC system, containing records for books, journals, and other materials. It includes most items in most libraries on the UC Berkeley campus, as well as more than 10,000 libraries worldwide. Based on Worldcat.org, Melvyl allows you to:
- Search libraries worldwide (items in nearby libraries appear at the top of the results list)
- Find selected article citations
- Create and save lists and add tags to items; add your own reviews and read reviews from Amazon.com
- Automatically format citations in a variety of styles
- Bookmark and share search results using Facebook, Digg, del.icio.us, Twitter, etc.
Melvyl Quick Guide | Melvyl Help | Melvyl FAQ
- UC-eLinks Single Citation Linker
- The UC-eLinks Single Citation Linker is a service that allows you to locate the full text of an article from a citation. Your search results will show a direct
link to the online full text of the article, or a link to the Melvyl catalog to help you find the article on the shelf (if UCB does not have access to the online full text). The UC-eLinks Single Citation Linker also allows UC Berkeley faculty, staff, and students to request materials from another library, if not owned by UC Berkeley.
Note: All fields do not need to be filled in for full-text access. The Author and Title fields are only useful for the Request feature.
Libraries Beyond UC
WorldCat via FirstSearch (UC-only access)
WorldCat is a shared catalog for numerous libraries worldwide. UCB faculty, staff and students can use UC-eLinks to request items via interlibrary loan (ILL) if not owned by the UCB Libraries.
Worldcat.org (Free public version of WorldCat)
Copyright © 2013 The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved. Comment Form. Last update: