Unit Performance Standards
The Education-Psychology Library seeks to provide consistant, high quality
library services through its public and technical service operations. Each
staff member plays a vital role in this effort, both in interactions with
patrons, and in the willingness to work toward common goals in a spirit of
civility and mutual respect. This includes the responsibility of providing
a good model for student employees. To make sure that these goals are met,
all staff members uphold the following standards :
- Be approachable and willingly assist others, both co-workers and patrons.
- Maintain a professional demeanor with co-workers and patrons to ensure
good public service and smooth workflow.
- Give feedback and observations to co-workers and supervisors.
- Conversations need to be appropriate to the workplace.
- Relationships with co-workers and student employees need to be
professional within the workplace.
- Listen and communciate in a way that creates an open environment.
Copyright (C) 2000 by the Library, University of California,
Berkeley. All rights reserved.
Document maintained on server: http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/
Last update 8/28/00 by:
Library Web Manager