Administrative Services Task Force 1997-98
The Library Space Planning, Facilities and Security Department was created based upon the recommendations of the Administrative Services Task Force review conducted in 1995. The department is a result of a consolidation of several independent units: Space Planning, Building Management Services (BMS), and Security. As the result of the consolidation and realignment of work, and staff attrition, overall staffing has been reduced by 10 FTE.
- Establish overall master planning guidelines for main and branch libraries in coordination with the Campus and Library administration.
- Plan and coordinate construction of new and renovated Library areas with campus project managers.
- Monitor all building repair and maintenance issues with Campus Physical Plant, Planning, Design & Construction (PD&C), and Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) staff.
- Implement emergency preparedness and response plans during any library or campus-wide emergency in coordination with the Campus.
- Provide Main Library security in coordination with Campus Police via routine patrols of all public and staff work areas. Respond and report building facilities breakdowns and emergencies.
- Provide transport services of books, supplies, and equipment between Main, branch library, NRLF, and warehouse facilities.
- Provide move and repair services of library equipment and furniture.
Use existing Facilities and Security staff to fill in for Jason Delaney's internship with Library Systems Office starting March 1 - August 1998. Anticipated savings for FY 1997-98: March-June = $9144 (contributes to the $50K Year 1 savings target)
Additional savings for FY 1998-99: $27,432 - $10,500 = $16,932 (Jason's salary offset with Gail Benson's status change in Security from 50% to 100% FTE)
|Salary Savings:||. 5 FTE||$26,000|
Go to table of contents
Copyright © 1998 by the Library, University of California, Berkeley.
All rights reserved.
Document maintained on server: http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/ by: E. Woods.
Last update 6/29/98. Server manager: Contact