Administrative Services Task Force 1997-98
Summary of Items Implemented since March 1995:
Summary of Previous Items Rejected and Not Recommended: (outside our charge)
- Reorganized Building Management Services to consolidate: Building Management, Transport/Warehousing, and Maintenance
- Consolidated Transport Services with Mail Room delivery services (small items only)
- Mail Services assumed mail processing and post office interactions such as bulk mail processing and postal account balance tracking
- Reduced staffing in Mail Services
- Reduced the number of mail deliveries
- Scaled back emergency preparedness to maintenance level
- Reorganized Security scheduling for better use of resources; limited use of career staff
- Reduced and reorganized CDT liaison functions
- Centralized library fundraising activities to reduce administrative and external relations redundancy
- Reduced secretarial staff in Library Administrative Office
- Reorganized Supply (procurement and inventory) to report to Library Purchasing Office
- Centralized in Library Business Office/Purchasing accounts payable position for reports, stock inventory, and purchase order payment status
- Raised Library’s departmental purchasing authority
- Eliminated Library participation in UCB/City of Berkeley High School Summer Youth Employment Program
- Transferred publicity for First Aid/CPR training from Building Management Services to Library Human Resources Department
- Reviewed training programs LHRD makes available to non-UCB and other campus departments
- Reduced Planning Assistant staffing in Library Architect’s Office
- Consolidated Building Maintenance, Security, Transport Services under the direction of the Director of Space Planning; redefined the role of the Head of Space Planning Office to include all aspects of facilities planning and management
- Curtailed duplicative tracking and record-keeping between Library Development Office and Acquisition Department
- Converted CU News production from paper to electronic version.
- Transfer Graphics Design Office from Teaching Library to Director of Library Facilities
- Cease Graphics Office work for departments outside the Library
- Consolidate Mail Room into new department under Director of Library Facilities
Go to table of contents
Copyright © 1998 by the Library, University of California, Berkeley.
All rights reserved.
Document maintained on server: http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/ by: E. Woods.
Last update 6/29/98. Server manager: Contact