The Art History/Classics Library houses core collections for scholarly research. Monographs are available for two hour loan, although much of the collection is non-circulating, including periodicals. This core collection is complemented by the comprehensive fine arts and classics collections housed in the Gardner Stacks, Doe Library.
- Automatic access with borrowing privileges is extended to the following patron categories. Patrons must have current academic affiliation with a UC Library card in good standing.
University of California graduate students, faculty, and staff.
- University of California undergraduate students in need of material located in the AH/C Library (no borrowing privileges). Undergraduates may not utilize AH/C for study hall purposes only.
- Visiting Scholars with UCB departmental sponsorship.
- University of California Extension faculty.
- UC Extension students concurrently enrolled in UCB History of Art or Classics upper division course(s) may purchase, for a $25 fee, a six-month Library card by presenting proof of current registration at the Doe Library Privileges Desk.
- Graduate Theological Union and Stanford University faculty and students.
Access may be granted to non-UC-affiliated patrons in need of material located in the AH/C Library. Visiting patrons will be required to fill out a Day Pass, with name, address, and specific item needed.
All other special requests for access should be directed to the
for art history-related research, and the
for classics-related research.
We request that all patrons be prepared to show appropriate ID when requested by staff.
For access services and policies related to the Doe Library, click here.
© 2014 The Regents of the University of California. All
Last updated 10/08/14.
Server manager: Contact